Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

separate/explode composite in to individual elements

Lamar Rhoades
Participant

Is there a way to separate materials in roof/wall composite so they could be classified as separate materials for a volume calculation? I have not been able to find any references. We currently use Archicad 24. I have attached an example of what we would hope to create into different elements without modeling two separate roof materials and stacking them together.

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 4.24.46 PM.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

I think you’re on the right way only as @runxel told you to use Interactive Component Schedule for the roof element rather than Interactive Element Schedule then you can add the criteria as Building Material is Insulation ….and Building Material is Heavy frame ….., hope it helps.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
runxel
Legend

Well you can already do that by using the components schedule?!... 🤔

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Lamar Rhoades
Participant

Okay, I have a components schedule attached down below and but it only will give me the volume of the total composite. I need to be able to break it down into the insulation and the structure in order to find their volumes. Do you have a way to do that? I have been trying different options to get that but no luck. Thank you for your earlier response.

graphisoft1.jpg

Solution

I think you’re on the right way only as @runxel told you to use Interactive Component Schedule for the roof element rather than Interactive Element Schedule then you can add the criteria as Building Material is Insulation ….and Building Material is Heavy frame ….., hope it helps.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB