BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Archicad Python API
About automating tasks in Archicad using the Python API.
SOLVED!

Components Schedules and Python

joanaif
Contributor

Hi!

Is it possible to extract a Components schedule from Archicad with Python?

Thank you very much in advance. I am new at this and I am  really stuck. 
Wish you a very happy new year!

Joana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
poco2013
Mentor

The direct answer is No and No --- Both the Python API and the C++ AddOns do not have access to schedules or their data -- at this time.

However, you can indirectly access the schedule data (any schedule)  by exporting the schedule to a excel spreadsheet file . Then use Python to access the spreadsheet. Python has several extensions that access Excel files.

The problem then is to get the modified data or spreadsheet back into Archicad schedules and again there is no way to do that -- other than to just just take a screenshot of the new data table and paste that into Archicad as a png file (etc.).

Direct access to schedule data is a often asked request, but mostly ignored by Graphisoft. I  assume as part of Graphisoft's new policy of closer Customer relations

Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
poco2013
Mentor

The direct answer is No and No --- Both the Python API and the C++ AddOns do not have access to schedules or their data -- at this time.

However, you can indirectly access the schedule data (any schedule)  by exporting the schedule to a excel spreadsheet file . Then use Python to access the spreadsheet. Python has several extensions that access Excel files.

The problem then is to get the modified data or spreadsheet back into Archicad schedules and again there is no way to do that -- other than to just just take a screenshot of the new data table and paste that into Archicad as a png file (etc.).

Direct access to schedule data is a often asked request, but mostly ignored by Graphisoft. I  assume as part of Graphisoft's new policy of closer Customer relations

Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27

Thank you very much for your reply, Gerry!

Learn and get certified!