GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

Exclude window surface from zone

Arnaut_2604
Booster

I'm working on a "Empty Window" to place over a Graphisoft window to add some extra functionality like wallclosure in 3D. But now a zones add up the Window Surface of both windows place on top of eachother.

I thought changing the ac_zone_on_reveal_side and gs_bOpeningToZone parameters might do something but they don't seem to in regards to window surface.

Is there a way to completely exclude the empty window?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

If you create a property for your windows that calculates the surface, you can create a schedule to add these up and exclude the empty window by something simple like element ID.

Not sure if you can easily tie this in to zones if you need to know it on a per room basis.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

If you create a property for your windows that calculates the surface, you can create a schedule to add these up and exclude the empty window by something simple like element ID.

Not sure if you can easily tie this in to zones if you need to know it on a per room basis.

www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly

As Erwin mentioned, give you opening an ID of something like "Ignore".

Then it the schedule criteria, you set it up to look for all windows with an ID is not "Ignore".

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

That's a shame. I worked my way around it by replacing A & B with AC_Reveal_Width / Height and then setting B to 0 and locking both A & B.

If you set A to 0 the Wallhole2 function doesn't work anymore.

What's a shame is that the automatic hotspots for A & B to change the size by draging don't work anymore.

Would be useful for Graphisoft to create a glob parameter for windows with which it can be ignored by zones. I've been using windows more and more for things other then "windows" like niches or built-in Wardrobes.

Dankjewel anyway 🙂

Erwin Edel
Rockstar

As Barry pointed out the schedule doesn't have to be any more complex than this:

ErwinEdel_0-1669904769980.png

I forgot that you can grab surface from windows as a field without using properties, since it is already one of the (many) options of data you can grab from windows.

www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5