Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

IFC Model Exchange with Archicad for Revit 2023 server not found error

yash
Newcomer

I installed the latest version of revit Archicad ifc exchange plugin today. I am getting an error denoting server not found whilw importing an IFC from Archicad 26 into revit 2023. Kindly help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hey!

Thank you for your help. Please download the latest installer from the site and it should be good: https://graphisoft.com/downloads/interoperability

You have an older installer (it was uploaded 2022 September) which has this problem that MTMLib.dll is missing but the latest installer is from 2022 October and that is correct. 

I hope after this you can use this product without any problem. 

With regards,

Attila Kucsván 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Fabian Keller
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

I have the same problem. Have you found a solution? What operating system are you using?

I have already pressed the "Structural analysis model" button more than once
Marcoshfagundes93
Participant

Anyone have a solution for this? 

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Can you guys show a screenshot of this? If this happening in Revit when using the "IFC Model Exchange with Archicad for Revit 2023" Add-In?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Zoltan Vale
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi everyone. We have been made aware of this issue and we are trying really hard to pinpoint the problem at the moment. We have a hunch that this error occurs when the "IFC Model Exchange with Archicad for Revit 2023" Add-In is installed on a different device than Revit is running on. So maybe you try to access the addin from a server on a network location and this could cause some of these errors.

Could any of you guys confirm this is the case or maybe you see some particularity in your use-case that could cause this?

Zoltán Válé
GRAPHISOFT Product Manager

That is not the case for me. Revit is installed on my hard drive for both my desktop and my laptop. The IFC plug-in is also installed on each hard drive. Neither my laptop nor my desktop will import the IFC.

diannreed_0-1680541488500.png

Attila Kucsvan
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi!

I suggest everyone who has this problem to do the following things:

1. Open the Revit Addin installation folder, typically is C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\IFC Model Exchange with Archicad for Revit 2023\2023.
  2. Double click on RevitConnectionServer.exe
  3. If it comes up some error message which says that there are some missing dll-s try to reinstall the software
  4. After reinstalling check again if everything is OK with RevitConnectionServer

I have had situations when this helped me. I hope I could help for you!

Attila Kucsván

BC_Schw
Contributor

Hi!

This seems to be the problem in my case.

When I double click on RevitConnectionServer.exe the error message says NMTlib.dll couldnt be found.

After reinstallling several times im still missing the same .dll File.

Does anyone have a soultion for this?

Additional Information:

- Im using Revit 23 and installed the addin for 23

- Revit and the addin are installed on my harddrive

- when trying to import the IFC it loads for about 30min then i get the error message:SERVER NOT FOUND

Hi!

Can I ask you to help to find out why these happen?

It would be a big help if you could attach here the files from C:\ProgramData\Install.GS folder or just the last one. Here are the logs of installations and if something went wrong, we could see it from logs.

And another question, do you use any kind of antivirus software and if you do what is its name? 

Thank you everything!

Attila Kucsván

BC_Schw
Contributor

Hi

Sure!

Im using McAfee.

Thank you for your support!