Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

[Wish] Full access to program variables

TomWaltz
Participant
I think an important wish to add is a rather simple one: Full access to any and all user-settable variables. If a user can open a menu and/or change a setting, it should be accessible via the API system.
Tom Waltz
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
TomWaltz wrote:
I think an important wish to add is a rather simple one: Full access to any and all user-settable variables. If a user can open a menu and/or change a setting, it should be accessible via the API system.
I agree...all program state information, whether from menus, dialogs or floating palettes should be available for read/write access: full symmetry.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Simply and obviously yes.
Karl Ottenstein
While full access is our dream, I suspect that we will have a greater chance of getting what we need most if we list specific items that we need access to. We may have to wait some time for symmetric access to everything. (For example, I had asked for symmetric access to Story information earlier.)

So, guys: can you list the things that you most need/want access to, perhaps grouping by priority?

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!