Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

A 3D Document Cannot be Deleted?

Reysol
Contributor

Guys,

I have created a 3D document view ( called '3D-02 3D Ground Floor Plan') under the 3D Documents view folder. 

I am not happy about the result and would like to delete this particular view. I notice that the Delete button is greyed out.  Please see the screen shot attached here. Is there a way I can get this view deleted? 

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

The reason you cannot delete that single View is because you used the "Clone a Folder" command to create a View Folder based on the Project Map's "3D Documents" folder. The View Folder contains a View for each 3D Document Viewpoint and only the whole View Folder can be delete, but no individual Views within it.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DGSketcher
Legend

@Reysol Go to the 3D Documents in the Project Map rather than the View Map and delete the view there. In the View Map you are using cloned folders so the only option would be to delete the clone with ALL the 3D Documents from the View Map.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Rocky,

Thanks a lot! That answers my question.

Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

The reason you cannot delete that single View is because you used the "Clone a Folder" command to create a View Folder based on the Project Map's "3D Documents" folder. The View Folder contains a View for each 3D Document Viewpoint and only the whole View Folder can be delete, but no individual Views within it.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Thank you very much, Laszlo.

That makes sense. It is very well explained.