BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AC 8.1 - 9 text alignment

Anonymous
Not applicable
(Contender for the "stupid question of the month" award)

I have an old AC 8.1 PLN file from a project that has been dragging on for a while. All was running smoothly, until I opened (and later saved) the LBK in PM 9 instead of PM 3.1. I had noticed differences in the way text occupied its text box (within the handles) between AC 8.1 an AC 9, and had been careful to edit the PLN in 8.1., but until now hadn't realised the same effect occured in PM too. Maybe it's just the font I have been using ( ISOCPEUR ) but in AC 9 it seems to compress itself vertically and take up only about 75% of the space set in the text box. Has anyone else noticed this?

So, after that long-winded intro, here is my dilemma:
How can I get my text to format in AC/PM 9 as it did in 8.1?
Alternatively, how can I get my PM 9 LBK file back to PM 3.1 version? (There is no "Save-as" older version in Plotmaker)

In the attached image the red arrows are pointing to the text handles. The red text has been added in PS to indicate where the last line should be located ( the black text is where it has all compressed vertically to).
This affects my entire set of construction drawings, ready for issue! Aaarrrggghhh!
2 REPLIES 2
Thomas Holm
Booster
It clearly looks better compressed. The red text even more!

More seriously, If you can't just enlarge the text so it fills the vertical space and then use Archicad's built-in sideways text compression to align it horizontally - I would guess that the font lost it's scaing somehow - I think the fastest way to fix it is tto change all the compressed text blocks to a font that fills the space you want.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree, the compressed form does look better, but when I created the text in 8.1 there was no Leading (vertical spacing) setting, which there now is in AC9, and it just was what it was. I could open the PLN in 9, go thru' every view selecting every text element and change the Leading value to 136% which makes it about the same as the original, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Maybe I should have used the Label tool or had every note as a separate item of text.

TOO LATE NOW!
Learn and get certified!