Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Any help -- why do these objects appear differently?

proto
Advocate

I've put a bunch of trim (columns & beams) as cladding in this project.

The base trim & door casing appear brown in elevation and section view, but the vertical battens appear white. I cannot figure why. I'd prefer they both be white as it is a white shadowed elevation/section

I didn't override surfaces.

They are different by thickness (1.5" & 3/4").

Both are on new renovation filter. I think I even started from the casing (column) and resized it to be a batten before spreading around the building. Somehow they are displaying differently.

The two selected in the settings shown below are both columns.

elevation of building w/ brown & white trim elementselevation of building w/ brown & white trim elementsNarrow vert trim settings materialNarrow vert trim settings materialNarrow vert trim settings displayNarrow vert trim settings displayDoor casing setting: displayDoor casing setting: displayDoor casing setting: materialDoor casing setting: material

Any help on where to look would be appreciated...!

Thanks up front

mac ACv27/4001, US full, Sonoma 14.1.2, 2020 iMac/2023 MacBook Pro
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
proto
Advocate

@Barry Kelly thanks for that clarity...i will look into that

I do appreciate the assistance and patience with what must be very basic questions

[Edit to add]

ok.... [& WOOHOO!]

the two entities are different in that the brown one has very few listings under the Classifications & Properties.

Specifically, it is missing a Property called Cover Fills whose logical modifier needs to be True for the Graphic Modifier to work.

Further, it was undefined under Archicad Classification. By checkmarking the Archicad Classification & ID'ing the element as "Cladding", it brings up the appropriate properties where I can mark it as True for Cover Fills. Boom! It now is working under the Graphic Override.

Thanks @Barry Kelly & @Lingwisyer for chiming in to assist!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Lingwisyer
Guru

If you are just wanting everything to be white, just change your elevation / section settings?

Lingwisyer_0-1677811699509.png

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
proto
Advocate

@Lingwisyer @ yes, I realize that I can just force them from the elevation settings but I’d like to figure out what is different about these

It appears your thin columns have a Graphic Override affecting them.

BarryKelly_0-1677815401415.png

Your door casing doesn't.

BarryKelly_1-1677815459224.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
proto
Advocate

@Barry Kelly where are the likely spots to go looking for that override? [the material override isn’t checked in the columns settings for the object]

It is not a material override, it is a Graphic Override.

BarryKelly_0-1677820345017.png

You must have a GO rule that is set to override the surface - called 'Cover Fills - White'.

Exactly why it is overriding the thin columns and not the door casing, I can't say - they both seem to be in the same layer so that is not it.

But what ever Graphic Override you have active is filtering  (or finding) only one of those columns and not the other.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
proto
Advocate

@Barry Kelly thanks for that clarity...i will look into that

I do appreciate the assistance and patience with what must be very basic questions

[Edit to add]

ok.... [& WOOHOO!]

the two entities are different in that the brown one has very few listings under the Classifications & Properties.

Specifically, it is missing a Property called Cover Fills whose logical modifier needs to be True for the Graphic Modifier to work.

Further, it was undefined under Archicad Classification. By checkmarking the Archicad Classification & ID'ing the element as "Cladding", it brings up the appropriate properties where I can mark it as True for Cover Fills. Boom! It now is working under the Graphic Override.

Thanks @Barry Kelly & @Lingwisyer for chiming in to assist!