Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 26 Layer Organization

Emilio
Contributor

In the Layer Manager, is there a way to move a layer that is nested within a folder to a different folder? The only method I have found is create a new layer in the correct folder, move the content to that new layer, and then delete the old layer. 

AC26

Windows

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Eduardo Rolon

Does this clarify it? 

Layers_R01.gif

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon

That is not right. Regular drag and drop should work.

Is you AC up to date?

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Emilio
Contributor

I believe so, I am on build 26.4022 for Win64.

Where do you drag and drop from? In my Layer Manager panel there doesn't seem to be that functionality. Say I wanted to move one of these layers in the 02 Site folder into a different folder?

2023-03-22_12h34_26.png

Solution
Eduardo Rolon

Does this clarify it? 

Layers_R01.gif

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Emilio
Contributor

Yes, thank you very much! The folder menu was completely collapsed on my screen and I didn't realize it was there.

The whole attribute UI is a mess and who ever signed off on it must hate users. Of course it should be possible to move attribute items to a folder even with the top pane collapsed in folder view or for list view (which is forced for searches). And someone at GS obviously thought the same as it is possible in the attribute palette by right click. Should it be that hard for a professional software developer to maintain consistency across a features introduced in the same release?  

thesleepofreason_1-1679516702872.png