BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

CineRender problem in Archicad 21, Mac Os

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

I searched around the forum but can not find any solution, so I'll just post there, may be someone can help me.

I'm using MacBook Pro 13, 2016 (Touchbar Version) and Archicad 21, Build 4022. Since yesterday each time when I render in Archicad, a notification comes:

CineRender from MAXON-Addon quit unexpectedly
Archicad must be restarted

(I translated it from German )

My Macbook was running High Sierra, I tried to downgrade to Sierra, and the problem is still there.

I tried to call Graphisoft Hotline, but they don't accept calls from cellphone, which is a bit ridiculous...

It would be great if someone could help me, my final presentation is already next week
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having the same problem with the same error message, running macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6

Any help would be much appreciated.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jon wrote:
I'm having the same problem with the same error message, running macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6

Any help would be much appreciated.
Hi Jon, I just took a look around the internet and maybe it's because the CineRender App can not be started with Ac21 (I checked the Activity Monitor and there's no CineRender)

So I tried to install Archicad 20 to check if CineRender works, and it works.

Then I had an idea maybe CineRender of Ac21 depends on Ac20 (because for me Ac21 is just no more no less an extension version of Ac20, it came just shortly after Ac20 )

I installed Archicad 21 (keep Ac20 installed), tried to render and...voila CineRender works again

It sounds a bit strange, but you could try
Karl Ottenstein
kn_tud wrote:
Then I had an idea maybe CineRender of Ac21 depends on Ac20 (because for me Ac21 is just no more no less an extension version of Ac20, it came just shortly after Ac20 )
No version of ARCHICAD is dependent upon any other version. Every aspect - from preferences/Registry to all executable components is unique and self-contained. There is no concept of 'extended versions'.

What you experienced is likely due to an installation, or update installation, error which the clean install resolved. 😉
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
kn_tud wrote:
No version of ARCHICAD is dependent upon any other version. Every aspect - from preferences/Registry to all executable components is unique and self-contained. There is no concept of 'extended versions'.

What you experienced is likely due to an installation, or update installation, error which the clean install resolved. 😉
Thanks for the comment

But the point ist, the problem appeared in Ac21, i reinstalled Ac21 and the notification that CineRender quit unexpectedly still pops-up everytime i tried to render.

The problem is solved when i installed Ac20 and then Ac21

but I know you are right, because i have only Ac21 on my iMac, and everything are alright there, maybe this is only a problem with the new macbook pro
Learn and get certified!