Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Converting Old Plotter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,
I have recently purchased AC 19 and a MacBook Pro. I have an old plotter ...HP 430. I was just looking for drivers for Mac for plotter, and am not seeing any. Do you all know if these plotters can run from Mac? Also, HP 430 has serial pin connection, so I am wondering if serial pin to usb connection will work, assuming I can find driver to download?
Any info greatly appreciated as I hate to trash the plotter.
JL
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
jronan:

Look under File > Plot Setup, there is a driver for the HP Designjet 430. I had a HP 650C (since gone to plotter heaven) and had added a Directjet card which added an ethernet connection to the plotter. I don't know about a usb-serial pin connection, but the Directjet card made a much faster connection. You could also try saving plot (.plt) files (File > Plot...), then transferring them to your old computer that is connected to the plotter.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can also publish PLT files if you have a bulk of drawings to get through.

Same way you would publish PDF, DWG etc of your layouts (assuming you are doing that), just change 'save as' to 'plot' and choose 'destination > file' in the plot settings.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks so much!