BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimension Text Setting Dialogue Box

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need Archicad to show the display value in the custom box not the measured value.

So when I resize a selection the original dimension text will reman.

Vital for Not to Scale Workshop drawings of large components
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Philip,

Your approach is completely wrong. To see "Not to Scale Workshop drawings of large components" use the Layout Book. In the Model Map show the desired things, then right-click and select Save View and Place on Layout. Click on the Layout Book and you will see the last designed Layout. Mark the drawing, right-click and select "Drawing Selection Settings". In the dialog box, select "Drawing Scale" and click on Custom. Now you can enroll any number. In this way you can adapt the drawing to the paper size for detailed display.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Adapting the Scale of the Drawing:
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks For That

The Problem is Will Archicad Allow Me To Move A Dimension Chain Target
Without Changing The Dispayed Value Of The Dimension.

Or

Resize a selection Containing A Dimension Chain But Maintain The Displayed
Values Of The Dimension Prior To The Resize
Barry Kelly
Just change to custom value and delete the '<measured value>' code and type in the figure you want.
Then the dimension will never change when you stretch your element.
Not quite sure why you would want to do that though.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
How do i turn off Insert Auto Text in the Text Settings Dialogue Box
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure if this is what you're asking but lay the dimension down that you want. When it's placed, click on the dimension text itself, not the dimension line, and your info box should contain the settings for just the dimension's text instead of the whole dimension. If you click on the settings button you will get what I think you're looking for and that is a way to set auto measuring or custom text.
Karl Ottenstein
Philip,

You started a fresh thread with the same title/subject as your last thread. I've merged the two. Please continue a discussion in the same thread by replying to it, or if it is distinctly different, use a fresh/appropriate subject line in the new thread.

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Philip wrote:
How do i turn off Insert Auto Text in the Text Settings Dialogue Box
I assume you mean the dialog box attached here. (Please attach screenshots to clarify your questions, when possible.)

Personally, I forgot that box existed! I always edit my dimension text in the Info box. I pressed cmd-T (ctrl-T Windows) to display the attached screenshot.

You cannot alter this dialog. I assume you're asking because you're a BIM manager and don't want people at the firm to use Autotext within dimension strings? If not, perhaps explain what you're trying to accomplish.

Cheers,
Karl
Screen Shot 2013-11-10 at 11.18.48 AM.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
THANKS KARL

CAN I NOT INCREASE TO SIZE OF A SELECTION AND ITS DIMENSION CHAIN USING THE (RESIZE COMMAND ) WHILE MAINTAINING THE DIPLAYED VALUE OF THE SELECTION.

CURRENTLY WHEN I DO THE RESIZE ARCHICADS INSERT AUTO TEXT WILL ADJUST ALL CHAIN DIMENSIONS TO THE SAME FIGURE WHERE AS I NEED IT TO SHOW THE INDIVIDUAL DISPLAYED VALUES REGARDLESS OF THE RESIZE

THIS WILL SAVE CREATING A SEPARATE LAYER FOR NOT TO SCALE DRAWINGS AS PREVIOUSLY SUGGESTED

I CAN ACHIEVE A RESULT AT PRESENT ONLY BE USING AN INSERT AUTO TEXT OPERATION FOR EACH DISPLAYED VALUE ONLY ONE AT A TIME
Learn and get certified!