BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Documentation CAD Archi Draughting standards

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have done a couple searches on here and people have touched on it a little bit here and there, but I was just wondering is there an online resource somewhere that suggests different page numbering and layout conventions or standards? that I can look over to decide how I want to set up my own template?

for example my previous office just used to number pages consecutively from A-01 and onwards wich is nice and simple (particularly in terms of page numbering and 'in set of' x pages makes it easy to follow) but other offices use a more International standard such as how Engineers similarly set out their page layout numbering with A0.01, A1.01, A1.02... A2.01, A3.01, A4.01 etc (just with the S suffix for structural as opposed to A suffix for architectural)

but if i am going to be incorporating many different types of layouts with differing Letter and numbering conventions this starts to get a little more complicated with Architectural Structural, Landscaping, and kitchen/interior fitouts etc any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also if i have the folowing example:

A0.01 Title Page
A1.01 Site Plans
A2.01 Plans
A3.01 Elevations
A4.01 Sections
A5.01 Interior Elevations
A6.01 Details
A7.01 Dr & Window Schedules

Where do i fit things such as a 3d plumbing schematic or solar diagram schematics or does this just become A8.01? im sure there must be plenty of other things that dont necessarily fit the standard conventions.?
Anonymous
Not applicable
So far this is the only interesting web article i have come across:

https://folinotes.wordpress.com/2013/04/23/drawing-sheet-number/
DGSketcher
Legend
Do layout sub folder settings with customised numbering/values not solve this for you?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes the method you mentioned in archicad is fine for numbering etc its just the 'standard' of numbering im questioning in the linked article its interesting the US CAD numbering standard is quite different to what we would use here but it seems to make sense.
although if you wanted to use the designation system as well as consecutive page numbering ie "page 30 in set of of 47" archicad struggles to automate this particulary when you have multiple drawing sets in one file
Learn and get certified!