BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Exploring in 3D, Model disappears as i navigate.

Miner
Contributor

This happened all of the sudden but when i explore in 3D, the model disappears wherever I go as if there is a bubble the camera is in and nothing within that bubble is visible.  When I walk around the model just disappears!  If I back up the model reappears.  Therefore I can't get too close to the building (about 50').  I did notice that if I look directly down the model reappears until I start to look back up again.

Archicad 26 Solo
iMac 27" 3.8GHz i7
8GB RAM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
4dProof
Advisor

in plan view, if you zoom extents, does the plan seem to disapear? check each story with all layers & renovation filters on. If the model is too spread out (like some random thing got thrown out in space a million miles) it can cause glitches like this.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Miner
Contributor

Here is a video of what I see when I explore the 3D window.

Archicad 26 Solo
iMac 27" 3.8GHz i7
8GB RAM
Solution
4dProof
Advisor

in plan view, if you zoom extents, does the plan seem to disapear? check each story with all layers & renovation filters on. If the model is too spread out (like some random thing got thrown out in space a million miles) it can cause glitches like this.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

That fixed it!!  I had a wall that was 243,071' long! 

Thank you for the help

Looooong Wall!.png
Archicad 26 Solo
iMac 27" 3.8GHz i7
8GB RAM
Learn and get certified!