Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Export multiple layouts to DWG

Johann_P
Advocate

I have spent the last hour reading articles and watching youtube, and am still none the wiser.

I'm trying to export multiple layouts via the publisher set to DWG, but I cant seem to locate the setting to do so.

I only seem to have a "save to pdf" option.

What am I missing?

Archi124.jpg

ArchiCAD24 - since Nov 2020
Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
2 screens: nvidia quadro RTX 4000
4 REPLIES 4
DGSketcher
Legend

@Johann_P Shot in the dark as I am not on Windoze. Is there any possibility you have embedded PDF content in your layouts e.g. Logo or image? Just wondering if that would force the options to be limited as I'm not sure DWG export can handle embedded PDFs.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

it's in your Publisher sets.
you can select the top-most folder of the Layouts & select the DWG export. just make sure your DWG translator has the settings you want.

GerardLeonor_0-1637707800522.png

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8
Gordana Radonic
Community Manager
Community Manager

Maybe reply to this post also helps, it's a similar problem:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Collaborate-forum/How-to-export-a-drawing-from-an-Archicad-layou... 

Gordana Radonić

Community Manager

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Check Gerard Leonor's attached image. It shows that when you select a folder, the "Merge to one DWG file" checkbox appears towards the bottom of the Palette. Try to check that.

The trick is that you have to select a folder. Then all individual Layouts within that folder should be saved into a single DWG file, and if your DWG Translator settings are correct ("Save Layout Into" field, then in the DWG file, separate Paper Spaces should be created from each of those  Layouts (if I remember correctly). 

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27