Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

IES Light problem - size not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using the IES light object to render out lighting for some fluorescent tube fittings, however I'm unable to get the "Use Area Shape and Size Given in Photometric File" settings to work. I've checked the IES file and the sizes are definitely there. This is problematic as it means the IES lights will only work for point source lights.

Has anyone ever managed to get this setting to work?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been able to show the Area shape using the Physical rendering settings, but I guess the area shape and size doesn't work for me either

Innes wrote:
I'm using the IES light object to render out lighting for some fluorescent tube fittings, however I'm unable to get the "Use Area Shape and Size Given in Photometric File" settings to work. I've checked the IES file and the sizes are definitely there. This is problematic as it means the IES lights will only work for point source lights.

AC19 Rendering Test Picture # 2.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, this is the same as what I get. It's just not picking up the size for some reason; I was beginning to doubt myself a bit but it seems that it's not an isolated problem.

I've tried this in Archicad 18 as well, but getting the same result as what you've shown.

Does anyone know if Archicad is getting the luminous opening sizes from a strange location?
vgodzb wrote:
I have been able to show the Area shape using the Physical rendering settings, but I guess the area shape and size doesn't work for me either

Innes wrote: