Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Labeling elements in ArchiCad 19

Cosminn
Contributor
Hello everyone.

Is there a way to place an ArchiCad element, such as wall, slab, beam, etc. to come labeled as default, using one particular label type?

I think that in this way I can avoid, spending time with selecting elements and label them manually.

Will be nice if I choose from favorites tool a wall, to come labeled as default with a custom label I can create.
Sincerely,
Daniel
5 REPLIES 5
Cosminn
Contributor
I noticed that this option, could be achieved in previous Versions of ArchiCad.
Sincerely,
Daniel
Cosminn
Contributor
Please see attached.

It seems that "Label Wall" it is not available in AC_19.

Thank you
Sincerely,
Daniel
Eduardo Rolon
Labels changed in AC19, recommend that you look at the videos in the youtube channel. The overall consensus is that the new labels are a better solution than before though you will need to adjust your workflow.

Also look for the "Label Selected" option.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Cosminn
Contributor
Thanks ejrolon

"Also look for the "Label Selected" option."

Agree with you, but let's say I am on a view which has a layer combination, and I can't label elements which are on hidden layer.
So I have to open those layers, or to go on other views where the layer combination permit to see them. Which means I've to do that "one click for labeling, for
several times.

Other thing is, I need to label elements with a custom label I've created, in order to schedule custom parameters from them (for example a rounded wall height, etc). These elements can be visible only in 3D maybe, or depends how the floor cut plane is set and that's why I think that previous option for an element to come with label will be nice to have it back.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the new solution.

Hope to understand what I've wrote.

Thank you
Sincerely,
Daniel
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't think this feature is coming back. This was possible because whether there is a Label attached to an element or not was a setting of the element. Now that multiple Labels can be attached to elements, you cannot do the same. And since there is no such setting for elements anymore, it cannot be saved as a Favorite.
I think the ability to select multiple elements (one by one or with Find & Select) then using the Label Selected Elements command gives a rather fast solution.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27