BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layers in PlotMaker Layout Books

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am curious how other people may be using layers in PlotMaker layout books. I have used them on rare occasions for turning guides on and off and displaying text such as "NOT FOR CONSTRUCTION", but I have generally found other means to these ends to be more fruitful.

Since the subject came up in a recent conversation, I have become interested to know if there are any creative, clever, innovative, or otherwise useful purposes out there.

TIA for sharing.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
well that makes me feel a bit daft. I didn't realize there were layers in PlotMaker other than the layer settings on imported drawings... now that I see this though, I have a feeling I will be using it, just for annotating phases, and building options for my reference.... thanks for the insight

cheers,
dan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Daniel wrote:
well that makes me feel a bit daft. I didn't realize there were layers in PlotMaker other than the layer settings on imported drawings... now that I see this though, I have a feeling I will be using it, just for annotating phases, and building options for my reference.... thanks for the insight

cheers,
dan
Glad to be of service.

I am guessing from the outpouring of response to this topic that most people aren't using, or minimally using, or don't much care about layers in the layout book.
TomWaltz
Participant
Our office just started using them heavily... became a really nice way to know what views were on which pages on Teamwork projects, so team members could select which details they need to work on a page (combined with a custom Title Drawing in PM)
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
Our office just started using them heavily... became a really nice way to know what views were on which pages on Teamwork projects, so team members could select which details they need to work on a page (combined with a custom Title Drawing in PM)
Tom,

This is a new one to me. How is it set up?
TomWaltz
Participant
so easy, it killed me. I just came up with this last week.

Create a Title Drawing which contains the autotext for "Drawing Name." If you attach that title to a View, Plotmaker will fill in the name of the View or PMK it came from.

I made two layer combinations, one with the layer turned on, and one turned off for submissions.
Tom Waltz
Learn and get certified!