BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Lightworks...... Works.

Anonymous
Not applicable
image 2
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems a lot of people don't like lightworks render engine in Archicad.
I think its cool and use it everyday... I've saved a tonne of money not wasting time with external programs Like Artlantis and 3dMAX.... I've attached a job sample.
95% of the time was spent drawing and documenting. Sure I had to make Materials etc... but i've only done that once for the first job, i'll be drawing 230 more of these shop upgrades throughout Australia.. Same with the 150 or so Tattslotto and NSW Lotto outlets... The Clients love the quality. I Personally think it could be better but It's too easy... I've been meaning to get dwights book. That should be great..
What do you guys think about the images? I know they are not great but they took minimum 5 mins to set up and they are totally funtional. So while you are opening artlantis.. I'm on my next job....

Dale
Anonymous
Not applicable
Man, I can only agree. That's exactly what I was trying to pointed in many topics but finally let it go hearing only how great other renderers are (of course they are, so what?).
Your work is simply, clean and delivers straight idea of the project and I bet you had a lot fun doing it inside AC. Well done Dale
Anonymous
Not applicable
another sample done today
APS432.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also wine cellars. This one this morning.... Flamin impossible to draw..... it looks simple but trust me. Can't render full of bottles though, too complex.
Anonymous
Not applicable
dbroughton wrote:
Also wine cellars. This one this morning.... Flamin impossible to draw..... it looks simple but trust me. Can't render full of bottles though, too complex.
Great modeling db, congatulations.

Shame about the bottles, though, they would give the image the extra ommph (No, I will not be dragged into another software discussion...).
have you tried doing those bottles with a non reflective material?
Dwight
Newcomer
He's probably using REFRACTIVE qualities in his glass.

Set the glass to refraction 1.0 and give it another go.

BTW: I am trying to reach you privately but it is not working.
Please PM me with your real e-mail address.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
BTW: I am trying to reach you privately but it is not working.
Please PM me with your real e-mail address.
Same here. seems there is a glitch on PM, I cant even message myselve.
Check my site, there is a contact there (just have to know how to read portuguese).

Sorry db, for using your space for this
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice renderings, not photo-realistc, but simple anc lean to show the client what theyre getting into.. if they want photo realistic, tell them to wait until it's built and go take a picture of it I like the wine celar especially, has a nice cozy look to it.. BTW, I'm loving the 48763 packs of cigarettes in the first rendering

cheers,
Dan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dean

Pleased to see you're busy and still using archicad- I'm now in project management in Dubai - so Archicad reduced to hobby status to keep my hand in. Give my regards to Bruce (Dean's dad Bruce is Archicad reseller in Perth WA and was always very helpful when I was there). I think Djordje and myself are the only 2 users here -hopefully that will change given the breathtaking scale and speed of building here

Regards

Harry Monaghan
Learn and get certified!