Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Maxwell Render 5

If there are still any Archicad users besides me using Maxwell Render I don't know, but if you would also like to use it with the Archicad Plug-in you can get it from now until the end of the month for 50% off.  $297.50 !  

Next Limit - Webshop

I have been using Maxwell Render since before it version 1.  And it is still what I like to use if I need a high-quality rendering of my Archicad models.  I have used the Archicad plug-in some before but never found it too useful since I can just save the Archicad model as .3ds and import it to Maxwell Studio.  All I was after was getting the geometry into Maxwell Studio and take it from there to the final Rendering using GPU (CUDA Cores).  However, there are some workflows that would probably be more efficient using the Archicad Plug-in.  I just thought I would share a cost saving tip if it’s of any interest to Archicad users using Maxell Render. 

Gallery | A selection of renders of all styles made with Maxwell render    

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

2 REPLIES 2
felcunha
Expert

Thank you for sharing, Steve.

I’m 2 questions:

- how fast is it, specially on a M1 Max MacBook Pro?

- how do you compare it with other renderers, like twinmotion or lumion, regarding cost-benefits?

Also, can I reduce the quality to have speedier renderings and still having acceptable images?

Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey

Your questions are impossible to answer for more reasons than I want to explaine.

Gallery | A selection of renders of all styles made with Maxwell render   try the demo for yourself, on your own computer.    

faster than fast.png

I like Lumion very much, however, the last time I tried it, it was obvious to me that it would never be able to generate a truly hi-quailty rendeing.  Pretty pictures yes, lots of fun to use, I would use it a lot I am sure if I could justify the expence of it.  I have made some very good looking renderings with it - if you don't look too close.  I would say that I can make better renderings with Lumion than I can with Archicad - but if its a high-quality Rendeing I want, then neither one of them can do the job.   

If you want the best possbile Rendeing then go with Vray and 3ds.  I think the best results for views/images of buildings can be made with this combination.  The downside is that it takes a lot of still and very expensive hardware and software to generate some thing better than what you can generate with Archicad.   Maxwell Render/Maxwell Studio is the best solution for me based on the hardware and software I can afford, and I can generate the Renderings I need with the limited skills I have - not being a full time Rendering Guru.   

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25