Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Merging elements

Anonymous
Not applicable
In Archicad vs 12 I was able to create a monolith foundation with a slab and a beam profile and in section view they would join. I am able to show the monolithic slab correctly in 3D view but in sectional view I cannot get them to blend together. I'm I still able to do this in vs 19?
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If the two structures have the same Building Material and their geometries perfectly touch then their section fills should merge in Section Viewpoints.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been trying to get this over the past week. If I understand correctly in my example of a monolithic slab, I have to make sure the slab element and my beam element must be of the same building material. My 'slab' element is set to precast concrete and I haven't been able to figure out how to assign a building material to my 'beam' element. I only see how to assign surfaces... Still not getting it....
Barry Kelly
It is the same as you set it for the slab.
Same building materials will merge in section.
Same surfaces will merge in elevation (if they line up).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Something is still not working. The attached file shows a monolithic slab with the slab and footing profile set to precast concrete but they sill will not merge.
What am I doing wrong???
robertf wrote:
Something is still not working. The attached file shows a monolithic slab with the slab and footing profile set to precast concrete but they sill will not merge.
What am I doing wrong???
Just a guess, but since they are not displaying the same pen in the fills, is one (or both) set to override "Cut Surfaces" settings?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Richard,Barry & Laszlonagy,
Laszlanagy for informing me that it must be unified building materials

Barry for letting me in on how to get the beam to change building material

& Richard for getting me to set "override' cut fills to none.
and in that vain I changed the beam and slab to the same layer and 'voila' they merged

It takes a village sometimes.
Thanks guys.........
MONOLITHIC SLAB.JPG