BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Motion sickness with VBE!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone else noticed that they get motion sick while working with and moving through VBE models? Any successful cures or ways to prevent it??
7 REPLIES 7
Karl Ottenstein
Press the ESC key to get the menus and lower the speed settings.

I've had the opposite - things don't move fast enough, so I press the shift key while moving which accelerates things.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl,

Will give that a try. I'm a bit prone to this kind of stuff - have the same trouble when I play some games on PS3 too!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I think it depends on habit, when i was a student i used to play Quake sometimes for ours with my roommates without any problem, now if i watch VBE for 3 minutes i get motion sick.

Nice times
Anonymous
Not applicable
mmf wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that they get motion sick while working with and moving through VBE models? Any successful cures or ways to prevent it??
Me too!!! I can´t play any fps...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally I don't use it, but the 3D connexion mouse can give you a smoother navigation.

HTH
Karl Ottenstein
Master wrote:
Personally I don't use it, but the 3D connexion mouse can give you a smoother navigation.

HTH
the 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator is absolutely wonderful (highly recommended for all users) in the OpenGL 3D window of ArchiCAD for normal work and walkthroughs. But, I find it jerky and unusable with VBE ... the explore-mode travel of a mouse and keyboard has much more control there, at least for me on a Mac.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes

I've all experienced motion sickness with VBE.
The price you pay increasingly 'immersive' environments.

Where possible I limit use of mouselook. The sudden shift in angle (ie the angle of the head in relation to viewpoint) seems to generate the most violent reactions for me. However, using the arrow keys at slow sleep will give you a smoother pan motion that's may be a little easier on the stomach.

Regards
Fero
Learn and get certified!