Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

New surface selection dialog not consistent?

mfourie
Newcomer

The new surface selection dialog, which allows you to search for a specific surface by typing in the name, is a good addition to Archicad 26 for windows users (I realise its been standard with Mac for a while).

However, strangely, it does not seem to have been rolled out consistently across Archicad? There's certain items that will display the new dialog (for example, choosing a wall surface). However, for other items (like choosing a door surface) it still uses the old dialog box. I notice this quite regularly.

This seems like something that should be corrected. Please can you assist and provide a fix to this, Graphisoft?

Screenshot 2022-10-26 100050.pngScreenshot 2022-10-26 100136.png
1 REPLY 1
clints
Booster

I've noticed the same. It will display one way when I use command "T" to pull up the object, but if I do it through the palates, then it's the other display. Consistency would be wonderful. 

ArchiCad 27 | Mac Studio 2023 w/ 27" mac monitor | M2 Ultra | 64 GB | Sonoma 14.2.1 | Indiana