BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

PDF Export issues : segmented polylines

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, it's been quite a while that I can't export properly PDFs from Archicad (22 - Student licence). It exports normally but then when I open it on my computer it looks like the polylines are segmented around the control points, not unified (you can see white parts between the segmented lines (see attachment)). I can't find out why, can someone help me with that ?

Thanks in advance !
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
Looks like round pens which are butting into each other. Are you using the standard Solid Line or a custom one? Can you see this in AC with True Line Weight on or only on the exported PDF? Do you get the same thing when printing a PDF to publishing a PDF? Have you tried a different PDF writer?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
Drill down into the PDF options for the document you are exporting (saving or publishing) and you will find a setting for arc resolution.
It cold be that is set too low.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the quick answer. I tried setting the arc resolution of the document to the maximum (9600dpi) and it still is the same (the arc of the door is more like a curve but all the polylines still have the same white joint around each control point)
Anonymous
Not applicable
However, in the PDF export document option (in the publisher), when I tick the "minimum thickness" box, it looks like the problem is gone, but every line/polyline is then too thin...
Barry Kelly
I am thinking that you are not using a solid line.
Instead it looks like you have a dashed line with very small gaps.

It only seems to be affecting the door object though and not the walls.
So check you door settings to see if you have the 'override objects line type' active.
Either turn it of or set the symbol line type to solid.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm actually not using any objects, my doors and walls are in fact all polylines and/or hatches. I checked and all of them are solid lines. It actually affects everything, and the thicker the line the more visible it is (you can actually see the problem very well in my first attachment on the edges of the grey walls).
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
Looks like round pens which are butting into each other. Are you using the standard Solid Line or a custom one? Can you see this in AC with True Line Weight on or only on the exported PDF? Do you get the same thing when printing a PDF to publishing a PDF? Have you tried a different PDF writer?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay I think I got the problem : it was my mac preview that had issues with the PDF document. I tried to open it with Acrobat and it works fine. I should have tried that earlier, sorry. It worked fine with preview until last January so I think there must have been an update on Mac (right now I'm using MacOS Mojave 10.14.3) making the mac preview unstable with AC PDF exports.

Thanks anyways everyone for your help !

Elodie
Learn and get certified!