BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PDF Setting - Apply to Entire Project

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I need to apply a change to the way AC23 exports to PDF (i.e. not include layers in the PDF files).

I have a large amount of layouts and Sets already set up, so it would be time intensive to go through each of them and apply this change. Also, I'd like any new set I'll create in the future to automatically have this setting.

Is there a way to apply the PDF Options to the whole AC project?

Thank you,
Enrico
1 REPLY 1
Marc H
Advisor
Hi Enrico,
I believe the layers are an inherent part of the PDF structure from a file source like AC. I recall long ago looking to restrict access to the layers within the PDFs (for perceived security purposes), but did not find any practical solution, either from the source program (AutoCAD at the time), nor by using tools within an authoring version of Acrobat Pro. Looking quickly again today, I did not see anything to suggest otherwise, but others may have some insight.

An alternate method may be to essentially collapse the content by converting the layouts into image files or similar 'dumb' format prior to creating PDFs. I've not attempted it with AC, but it should work. Note: I recall the conversion also removed the horizontal structure, and so it may not be scalable as a direct PDF would be. Text may also not be searchable. Once again, these notes are from old experimentation, so there may be some newer methods available.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Learn and get certified!