BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Printing using PDFCreator

Recently, I used PDFCreator to annotate and send part of a file to another consultant.
The drawing depicted HVAC ductwork over a reflected ceiling plan, all created with AC 15. All ductwork elements are drawn in the same layer. but in separate floors

The problem is that the PDF created when printing the 1st floor ceiling ductwork, prints also the ductwork ceiling in the second floor.

I have to duplicate the entire .pln plan, delete the second floor and print from that file to have a correct print of the first floor and delete the first floor in another file to print the second floor.

Is there a work environment setting or PDF setting I am missing?
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
PDFCreator not being a GS product, this potentially belongs in the "Other Products" forum ...

Are you creating the PDF by printing to a virtual PDF printer, or publishing to PDF?

The PDF should contain the same content that you would see printing to a normal printer. If 2nd story MEP stuff is showing up when you print the 1st story ... I have to wonder if something is wrong with your floor plan cut plane settings, or the settings for the MEP elements themselves as associated with the view that you are printing / publishing?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Thanks, The problem was the cut plane settings.
I had the RELATIVE FLOOR PLAN RANGE so high the it was picking up the ductwork in the floor above.

BTW, I print to PDF and annotate with Adobe Acrobat.

Still do not understand why the printed output showed different than the screen display

Once again, thanks for your help
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
Learn and get certified!