BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Profiled Columns Label Dimensions

Takis
Expert
Hi, I get wrong dimesions on column labels with profiled cross section.

Has anyone else experienced the same situation?

MacPro 2013
Windows 10x64 on Bootcamp

Takis.
5 REPLIES 5
DGSketcher
Legend
With the Dimension Label I get the same error but only when using a complex profile. You should report this to your support provider.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Guys, I will report this to GRAPHISOFT.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
LucaP
Enthusiast
Hi Takis,

Just quick question. Did you remember to set the nominal width and height parameters in your profile? Perhaps it somehow got dislocated and the label gets the data from them?

Cheers,
Łukasz
Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD
Takis
Expert
Dear Lukasz, yes off course I checked it. With a rectangular complex cross section it is difficult to make mistake with the nominal dimensions.

Please try it.

Takis.
LucaP
Enthusiast
Hi Takis,

You're right I should've checked before writing, sorry about that. I thought that maybe there is some simple solution to that problem but apparently not.

It behaves as you've described it. I just went a little deeper into the issue and it appears that with the beam tool Dimension Label shows correct values. In the image below I've applied the same complex profile to beam and column.

Cheers,
Łukasz
Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD
Learn and get certified!