Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Renaming a view in Project Map

4hotshoes
Advisor

Why is it that sometimes I can change the name of a view in the Project Map and other times I cannot? I have found this to be inconsistent so far. I have sections right now that I can rename and sections that I cannot rename. What are the factors?

I like to rename at the Project Map level and then have that carry through to the View Map and Layout Book. This keeps views organized and is easier to trouble shoot problems.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

@4hotshoes Are the source markers possibly affected by being on different locked layers?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

The viewpoint ID and name (Project Map) must create a unique combined name.

For example you can have unique IDs with the same name...

1 Section

2 Section

3 Section

Or you can have the same IDs with a unique name...

1 Section west

1 Section east

1 Section north

But the combined ID/Name can not be the same for any 2 sections.

The same will apply to elevations.

But you can have a section and an elevation ID /name exactly the same as they are different entities.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Your post is not addressing my problem as far as I can tell. Let me try again. In the Project Map I have a list of Section views. When I Right-Click on one, there is an option to rename the ID and Name. But on another section, I Right-Click and that option to Rename in not available. What is controlling this? I have several Sections that I have renamed and several more that I still need to rename.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
Solution

@4hotshoes Are the source markers possibly affected by being on different locked layers?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Ooo! good catch. That did it. Too simple. Actually they were "Off"

Todd Oeftger