Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Sliding Door Panels Are Incorrect

genarch
Enthusiast

Does anyone have a lead on a sliding door panel that is modeled correctly? The AC 24 and 25 sliding doors (D2 Sliding) don't display correctly in plan or in 3D/elevation. The center stiles should align at their centers, so when viewed in elevation there should only be ONE stile visible and the other stile would be hidden behind the other. D2 Sliding does not show the panels overlapping, they touch just at the edges. This is not how an actual sliding door is built. I looked at the Marvin Door library but they only have multi-panel sliding doors. I just need a typical sliding patio door (2 panels).

D2 Sliding.jpg
Mac OSX 11.6.8

AC26, Artlantis 2020, TwinMotion

iMac Pro 2017 / 8-core 3.2 GHz / 32GB RAM
4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru

Is the a Leaf Overlap setting somewhere? The following is from the AU / INT library.

Lingwisyer_0-1654133558352.png

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Wow, no I don't have that option and I've never seen it! I don't know for certain but I would guess I am using the USA library. Does your library happen to have a something like a flanged-mounted vinyl window? That is mostly the type of window we use in practice but all the library windows are wood windows and not designed to mount to face of wall sheathing.

Mac OSX 11.6.8

AC windows do not have that sort of detail... and I would not expect that sort of detail in any near future release... A detail or two with manual additions and a few notes should be more than enough. If you really want to show it in 3D, it should not be too hard to make an independent object that you can place in the same space as your windows.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

I don't mean to show the actual window flange but with this style of window the frame and trim are usually the same for head, jamb, and sill. Archicad library windows usually assume some sort of wood sill, which would be atypical for a vinyl window.

Mac OSX 11.6.8