BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Twinmotion 2018 real-time synchronization with ARCHICAD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Twinmotion 2018 unveiled a cool feature for ARCHICAD users today, real-time synchronization from ARCHICAD to Twinmotion 2018.
Compatible with ARCHICAD 19 / 20 / 21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXuqjnfqz-g
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I'm curious if there'll be TouchBar support for macOS?
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Marky
Contributor
Looks great and promising!
I'm not convinced, though by those zombie looking people, actually spoiling a little the reality of space.
AC 6.5, 13 - 19 Pl, OctaneRender for ArchiCAD, MoI 3D, Blender; W7 Pro 64;
i7-4790K/32 GB; GTX 980/4 GB
PB
Advocate
We've invested in LumenRT over the last few years. However, since the takeover of eon software by Bentley, it seems that LumenRt has been targeted squarely at infrastructure engineering. As such, the developments shown by Twinmotion look far more promising for ArchiCAD users. Furthermore, Bentley have stopped developing for the Mac platform - citing insufficient graphics performance.

Its aggravating to deduce that we have invested time & money in the wrong product. But unless there is a dramatic improvement in LumenRT by the time Twinmotion 2018 is released, it looks like we will be jumping ship...
AC27 Apple Silicon. Twinmotion.
16" M1 Max MacBook Pro 32GB, Apple Studio Display, MacOS14
stefan
Expert
You cannot blame Abvent for not focusing on ARCHICAD and on the Mac (unless they acquire a Windows-only software product). Bentley doesn't have a history of supporting macOS, that is true.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
PB
Advocate
No criticism intended against Abvent - quite the opposite - Twinmotion 2018 looks very, very promising: This its why we will take a good, long look at it.

We are simply disappointed with the direction taken by Bentley with the software they acquired when they purchased eon (Vue, Plant Factory, LumenRt line of products)...I hope the situation with Bentley improves now that Apple have announced high performance Macs coming at the end of the year, together with the improved iMacs, but I cannot say that I am optimistic - especially in the context of the very poor communication/support we have received from Bentley so far.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys, the global release of Twinmotion 2018 is set for July 31 at SIGGRAPH in LA in a joint presentation with Unreal Engine.
In addition to the launch, we'll have even more exciting news to share!
If you'll be there, join us for the launch!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Here are some nice images and panoramas rendered in Twinmotion 2018 by our CG Artist Martin Krasemann: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/WVggN
PB
Advocate
Looking very good: Thanks for keeping us updated....
Learn and get certified!