BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Wall position classifier

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I am currently preparing contract documentation and I am scheduling which of my walls are External walls and which are Internal walls. This is coming into the schedule through the Wall category 'Position' classification. There are three options pre-set there: Exterior, Interior and Undefined. I have two questions.
Firstly, can I add a fourth option to this list for Fittings (bulkheads, splashbacks, partitions etc - other instances where I have used the Wall tool but it is not really an Internal wall)?
Secondly, can I change the words 'Exterior' and 'Interior' to 'External and Internal'? Interestingly the ifc code for Position is IsExternal , so I'm hoping there might be somewhere I can change this classifier. Any thoughts?
Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If I remember correctly, the Wall Position property is intended for and useful when exporting your model for a Energy Evaluation consultant. When performing Energy Evaluation, it is important to know which Walls are exterior (part of the building envelope, in contact with the outside environment), which Walls are interior (within the envelope of the building), and which Walls are undefined (not playing a role in this regard - for example, a free-standing Wall in the court or garden would be "undefined" in this regard.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!