BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Walls of 'dormer' still visible after they've been cut off

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone!

I'm new here and I'm really bad at ArchiCAD so, please don't judge. 😉

I'm in the early stages of my latest project for school. I created some sort of 'dormer' for this building. I cut off the walls on the side using the roof as my SOB but somehow they are still visible on the plan. I literally tried everything I know and it usually works but not this time.

I'd be really grateful for the smallest piece of help/advise to solve this 'situation'. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance!

-Sebastian
7 REPLIES 7
DGSketcher
Legend
Try splitting the walls at the point where they should be hidden. Select the walls that should be hidden and transfer them to the storey above. Set their visibility to "show on home storey only". You will also have to adjust the wall height above project zero to its previous height.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Barry Kelly
I know Solid Element Operations can seem like SOB sometimes (I will let you figure out that acronym), but I think you mean SEO.
Unfortunaltely SEO and trims to roof do not show in plan view.
So you either have to cover the walls with fills, hide them in a layer that doesn't show on plan but does in 3D and elevation/section, or possibly move them to another storey as suggested by DGSketcher.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the advice!

First of all, of course i meant SEO and not SOB. No idea how that happend...

Splitting the walls didn't work for me somehow. The upper parts of the wall wont properly conect to the leaning wall on the front. Is there anything else I can try? Maybe something in the settings?

Right now I used fills to cover them up but they don't consider it to be a 'clean' 3D model if we use fills to cover stuff up...
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can also use one of the 'wall opening' windows and set it to projected, instead of symbolic. This will display correctly on any floor plan cutplane.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
It worked! The only thing left are the outlines, anything I can do to hide them?

Thank you all so much for your advise and help. Not being able to fix this really bothered me and after several frustrating days of trying I'm really grateful for your help!
Lingwisyer
Guru
Sebastian wrote:
Splitting the walls didn't work for me somehow. The upper parts of the wall wont properly connect to the leaning wall on the front. Is there anything else I can try? Maybe something in the settings?

Is only the leaning section of your "dormer" two stories? If so, you can just move the lot to the story above and set the leaning wall to show on relevant while the sides are set to home only. In doing so, you can set the same negative offset for the wall base ensuring that your reference lines connect properly to finish the corner. That would be my guess as why it may have not worked for your originally.
Sebastian wrote:
It worked! The only thing left are the outlines, anything I can do to hide them

Use a Empty Door Opening instead? They do not show sills. I'm assuming that this outline you are talking about is the window sill. Since you are using a SOE on the wall anyway, you do not need the option to incline the top of the opening available with the Window tool.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try changing the walls' floor plan display to either "overhead all" (and set linetype to dashed) or "cut only" which, depending on the set height of the floor plan cut plane (located under Document menu) should make it non-visible.
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!