BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

curved section

Anonymous
Not applicable
Greetings
Please I need urgent help, I have a curved wall that has a special pattern in it, I want to give the wall paper guy the pattern, and in order to do that I have to give him an elevation or section and elevations and sections tools does only draw straight lines and I want to draw a curved one for this curved wall !
so I tried many ways "including taking a section series for this curved wall" but couldn't find one that will give me the exactly longitude dimensions.
i will really appreciate if somone here can help me or give me any tips for making curved section for this curved wall.
Many Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
A worksheet by drawing in 2D only
Good luck !
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Lingwisyer
Guru
Have you actually modelled this pattern onto the wall?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
I was going to suggest a 3D Document.
But it seems you can not do 'arc' dimensions in a 3D Doc - only straight.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Christophe wrote:
A worksheet by drawing in 2D only
Good luck !
obviously If I use bim software that means I am capable to deal with drawing things, and obviously by using the bim software it means that I am looking to be more accurate with my drawings also to be more quick
specially when you have large projects and you just cant simply draw each one by 2d worksheetk!!
why you people go of the topic and why you dont just answer the provided question of if you dont know just keep scrolling !!
Anonymous
Not applicable
in revit you can do such things by using "dynamo" a software provided whit the revit application!

and why in archicad there is no such thing.
people of the archicad software if anyone Is reading , your software has been always my best pal with my projects, please solve these type of advantages that the revit has over archicad, and don't make me switch to using revit

Best Regards
Lingwisyer
Guru
silverwolf112000 wrote:
Lingwisyer wrote:
Have you actually modelled this pattern onto the wall?

thanks dear yes its done i want to give the workshop guys the exactly mesurments of the wall and the windows in it and finally the pattern

Measurements of the wall and windows are easy enough with radial dimensions with the verticals being what ever the window heights and their bottom offset are.

Ling.

silverwolf112000 wrote:
why you people go of the topic and why you dont just answer the provided question of if you dont know just keep scrolling !!
I know it's actually impossible only with Archicad
Perhaps with Grasshopper but I don't know it
The dialogue itself appears to be a renunciation of aggression
Sorry that the solution that I propose to you does not suit you
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Barry Kelly
silverwolf112000 wrote:
Silverwolf,
The answer was not off topic, just Christophe's opinion of how to solve it.
Just as you say not to answer the question and keep scrolling, I could say just ignore the answer and keep searching.

Please remember this is a voluntary user forum, with people of different abilities asking and answering questions.
Let alone not having English as a 1st language - which sometimes does not help with the questions and answers.

I can't think of a way in Archicad to flatten a curved surface, so I would think manually drawing it will be your only option.
I may be wrong.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
Going on a slight tangent, given objects like Graphisoft's "Mouldings & Panels" wall accessory, it maybe possible to create an object that will "draw" an elevation of a curved wall and it's openings. The object can pick up the curve segment length and opening positions and sizes of the associated wall. Do not think that you will be able to get it to show other things modelled on the wall but it would be a start.

Ling.

Learn and get certified!