BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

"Fit to skin" composites resulting in slooooow PDF opening..

__archiben
Booster
I'm having reports back from our consultant team that our PDFs are slow to load, print and generally handle. (this was from AC17 and now with very little improvement from newly published files in AC18).

I've tracked it down to any plan or section generated with composite structures containing Materials that have Fills set to 'Fit to skin' (insulation and the like). Whilst I might not have expected it but wouldn't have been surprised by the glass wool insulation curly-type fill, (Insulation 01), the simple, straight-lined zig-zag fill (Insulation 02) is causing it as well: as a hunch I would say that this is a Symbolic Fill issue....?

Any others experiencing it? Any settings I can tweak? Any curly batt insulation fills that someone has scripted as a vectorial fill? The productivity gains of having the insulation linework automatically generated are huge - we would be loathe to give this up . . .
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ben

We've found some issues with fills created way back (version 6 or 7ish) that when called into objects in 2D they blow out the size of PDF's drastically!
If it is a fill carried over from earlier versions you could recreate it in the current version.
I've found that fixed our issue perfectly!
Learn and get certified!