Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

3D view, grey model with colour mechanical

Foti
Enthusiast
Hello

I am trying to demonstrate my mechanical and plumbing system, I would like to make a full grey model transparent, not wireframe, and have just the plumbing in colour and then one for the mechanical.

I tried making different pensets, but when in 3d view, the opengl doesnt do anything with the pen sets and when i do a vectorial, it seems to work, but not 100%.

Would there be a way to make a full model transparent, with a pen set for ventilation and pen set for plumbing?

Thank you

I am using AC21 on windows.
foti
Foti B.

AC25
PC Precison 5760, Xeon 11955, 64GB, Nvidia RTX A3000
13 REPLIES 13
Foti
Enthusiast
Hey

All my 3d images worked great, with all your help. But now I believe they are so complex that my computer doesnt have the power to generate the view on a sheet. Example I took a ed view and dragged it to a sheet and lets just say after 24h it was still generating the view. Am i right to assume my poor computer hardware?
Foti B.

AC25
DGSketcher
Legend
FFFFF wrote:
Hey

All my 3d images worked great, with all your help. But now I believe they are so complex that my computer doesnt have the power to generate the view on a sheet. Example I took a ed view and dragged it to a sheet and lets just say after 24h it was still generating the view. Am i right to assume my poor computer hardware?
Sounds more like a glitch/bug when you dragged it to the sheet. Try again with a simpler model or even without the transparent to check it isn't a more general issue.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Foti
Enthusiast
I tried with a small portion of the building and that worked, so it must be that its too complex for this pc I have. The other thing would be to generate a mep view no building then another ghost building and merge the views, but then I might still run an issue of that ghost building not generating the view......hmmmmm
Foti B.

AC25
Lingwisyer
Guru
If the view takes a long time to update, you could set it to manually update. Let it render the large view, then just update it when ever the highlighted system changes? Bit of a compromise and a spot for possible future inconsistency if you forget to update it...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660