Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AC9 US Mac OS X - Plotmaker bug

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just installed AC9 and was playing around in Plotmaker. I found you can move Master Layouts in the Navigator (re-ordering them). However when you move them the program erases all placed objects (text, lines, etc.) on the layout you move, and Undo does not undo that.

Additionally when you close without saving the file, the program crashes.

I think I prefer not being able to move the Master Layouts if they can be so easily erased.

Alex Thompson
San Francisco, CA
Mac OS X 10.3.5
PowerMac G4 1 GHz
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
I'm not sure that I follow you, Alex. I'm still waiting for my release version of 9.0 to arrive, but in the pre-release version, if I rearrange the order of my masters, it has no effect on my layouts or the master content. Could you describe more precisely what you did (and in which Navigator mode)? And you're saying that it is the content of the master layout that disappears?

I can confirm that closing without saving after rearranging the order of my masters did cause a bug reporter to come up. Sigh.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje
Virtuoso
Thompson, wrote:
Just installed AC9 and was playing around in Plotmaker. I found you can move Master Layouts in the Navigator (re-ordering them). However when you move them the program erases all placed objects (text, lines, etc.) on the layout you move, and Undo does not undo that.
If you double click on a Master, you see only the Master contents. Not what you placed on the Layout that uses that Master. So whatever you need to show on all the sheets of your set, put it on the Master. Tip: ypou can copy&paste from one Master to another, multpily the Masters by copying them and pasting into the Master navigator.

Therefore, there is nothing wrong there!

Yes, I can also confirm the crash ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
i have V9 and i rearranged the masters w/ lines and stuff placed on them and nothing was lost. i can't replicate the problem. to me it works fine.

donald mac donald

Mac G5 with V9
Anonymous
Not applicable
So I checked again, this time using a new layout book with default settings (New and Reset All).

In Navigator/Tree by Subsets if I move the Master "Arch E" below "Arch F" all of the placed files (pmks and jpg) plus all lines and text disappear from the Master Layout.

However if I create a new layout and just put lines and text on it I can move it. It seems to have a problem with imported files on Masters. When I added the Graphisoft jpg to the new Master and moved it everything on the Master disappeared.

Luckily this does not happen with layouts (I imported two recent drawings and reordered them with no ill effects).

Alex Thompson
San Francisco, CA
Mac OS X 10.3.5
PowerMac G4 1 GHz
Plotmaker 9 (1812)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thompson, wrote:
Just installed AC9 and was playing around in Plotmaker. I found you can move Master Layouts in the Navigator (re-ordering them). However when you move them the program erases all placed objects (text, lines, etc.) on the layout you move, and Undo does not undo that....
Alex,
I can definitely confirm this bug/problem. It seems to only occur if you have "imported" drawings placed on the master layouts. It doesn't seem to be a problem on master layouts that only have linework added to them.

Since I have experienced this problem while using a pre-release version of AC9 I've been hoping and praying that it would be resolved with the final release version. This is one of the first things I was going to check out when my new AC9 arrives. If you're already experiencing this with the latest version then I guess I already know the answer...hopefully graphisoft can resolve this...

thanks,
Dan K