Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Any way to see which views are placed on layouts or in publi

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,
As the subject says... is there a fast way to find out which views that are placed on layouts or directly in a publisher set?
I'm cleaning a large really messy project and the view map is like a hay stack and it will take me days of Sherlocking to find out which views that actually are being used.
/Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
The Drawing Manager will list all placed drawings.
The problem is it doesn't list the ones that are not placed which is probably more what you need if you are trying to tidy up.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Barry wrote:
The Drawing Manager will list all placed drawings.
The problem is it doesn't list the ones that are not placed which is probably more what you need if you are trying to tidy up.

Barry.
Haha yes. It's the ones not being used I'm interesten in but also duplicates and ...well anomalies... (sloppy dragging of views from project map directly to layout which results in view map chaos).

We do mostly large projects and that's when you realize the sheer amount of information is hard to grasp. I've been working with the drawing manager but there are too many of "everything" for me so I export a list to excel instead and use filters to search for things I suspect are rogue...however it's really time consuming and not very funny.
AC 25 SWE Full

Barry Kelly
I am not sure if this will help.
It sounds like you have a lot of views to sort through.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=269008

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Barry wrote:
I am not sure if this will help.
It sounds like you have a lot of views to sort through.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=269008

Barry.
Like you say it's a lot of work... will scribble down a suggestion for ACxx for handling insane amounts of stuff 😉
AC 25 SWE Full

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
For what it's worth, I've found that having a template that goes in to all ussual phases of project with individual sub folder for the view map and already having the layout book set up for the phases too helps a bit. Less dragging around of views by people and more dragging around of copies of existing layouts to relink and move views on.

Not a solution to the problem at hand, but maybe something to consider in your template for future projects.

I also have a 'trash bin' folder, where I move phases that are closed or other stuff I do not want to see at the moment. Deleting views can't be undone, so I try to not accidentally mess up work. (forgot to save file, deleted views, can't go back, cry over having to recreate layouts or losing work done)
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Erwin wrote:
For what it's worth, I've found that having a template that goes in to all ussual phases of project with individual sub folder for the view map and already having the layout book set up for the phases too helps a bit. Less dragging around of views by people and more dragging around of copies of existing layouts to relink and move views on.

Not a solution to the problem at hand, but maybe something to consider in your template for future projects.

I also have a 'trash bin' folder, where I move phases that are closed or other stuff I do not want to see at the moment. Deleting views can't be undone, so I try to not accidentally mess up work. (forgot to save file, deleted views, can't go back, cry over having to recreate layouts or losing work done)
We've set up everything so that we have "active" folders, "template" folders, "user" folders and "control" folders. The problem is basically lack of internal training. We're kind of rushing it all the time and lack of knowledge and experience results in amazing chaos sometimes. ArchiCAD is really nice regarding it's forgiving nature but cleaning a mess after others in large projects is not so funny. Well...we'll have to educate our staff more.
AC 25 SWE Full