Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Beam not visible on Floor Plan although in Range vertically

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I found an interesting case where you can have a Beam apparently disappearing from the Floor Plan although the Home Story is set correctly and the Show On Stories/Floor Plan Display/Show Projection fields are all set correctly.
It happens only under special circumstances but still it is good to know.

If you uncheck the Show Center Line checkbox in the Floor Plan and Section panel of the Beam Settings Dialog then only the Beam contours will be shown.
Now if you switch to another View at this point then you can find the Beam is not displayed in the Floor Plan Viewpoint - it looks like it disappeared. You may think its Layer was turned of by the activated View, but it is not the case.
The cause is the Beam setting stored in the Model View Option combination stored with the activated View. If the "Show Beam as" field was set to "Reference Line" in the Mode View Option combination, then it is supposed to show only the Center Line of the Beam, but that is turned off in the Settings Dialog so nothing is shown.
It is interesting that the cursor still finds the Center Line and Quick Selection also works on it, it is just that nothing is visible of it in the Floor Plan.
In the attached image, there are two Beams, the upper set in its Settings Dialog not to show the Center Line, the lower set to show it.
Beams are set in Model View Options to show Reference Line only.
Quick Selection senses the Beam and it can be selected.

BeamNotVisibleOnFloorPlan.png
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi...i am kind of new to archicad and i am having a problem with my doors and windows. They show up in the model view, but not in the floor plan view. In the floor plan view my doors cant be seen and the windows appear as dark blocks. I have everything set up correctly in the 2d representation box. Please help!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
try set document> floor plan cut plane
Picture 2.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi...i tried that but my floor plan cutting plane is set @ 1.5m high from the ground level, which is the standard...and it still does not work...what i did yesterday is copy the file to a new archicad file and they started showing...i dont know why that would be.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Two question:
1. What AC version are you using.
2. Can you show me the settings Dialog for the Window where it shows its Sill height.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
i'm using AC 12...for the windows i didnt put in a sill, bcuz they go from the ground to the beam...i copied it to another file and everything shows normally...one of my friends told me that it could b because the initial file could be corrupted
Anonymous
Not applicable
oh...do you know where i can find nana walls?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Giselle,

Regarding the original problem, did you check the 'Model View Options' which has options for displaying windows and doors in different ways. It sounds like the doors and windows were both hidden.

Do a search on these forums for 'nanawall'. This has been discussed before, but I don't think a decent solution was found.