Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimension Preferences Changing

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I may have seen this posted before, but wasn't able to find it.

I set my dimensions fractions to 1/4", but when I re-open the project the setting changes from fractions (1/4") to none. I really don't remember this being an issue before and it seems to be limited to one file.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Don Lee
2 REPLIES 2
TomWaltz
Participant
The Dimension Settings are saved to the View Sets. Is it possible that some of them have different settings from one another?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Don, I am having a similar problem where my dimension format settings basically do the same thing: I set them (in the view map) to read 1/4" with trailing zeros (1'-0" instead of 1') as an office dimension standard we created, but they usually end up reading to the nearest 1/8" and dropping the trailing zeros when we re-open the project. When I check the dimension settings for the view and the view's settings, everything seems to be in order except that they simply aren't displaying (or plotting) correctly. Furthermore, the problem's frequency seems to vary by workstation.

We were having a similar problem with layer combinations where they kept reverting to "Custom" whenever a new view was opened. Link mentioned in another post that this can be attributed to the CadImage add-on, which creates an "archicad-master layer" layer that messed it all up and forced views to display a "custom" layer combo. I uninstalled CadImage and the problem went away. I suspect that it might be a plug-in that is causing the problem with the dimensions, but I haven't had much time to explore the issue, as I have some more serious dimension problems going on. If you have any add-ons, what are they, and try removing them temporarily....

I'll check back here once I can address my version of this problem.

best of luck
Zolli