Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimensions from a relative 0,0 (X,Y) point

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would be possible to add automatic 'elevation dimensions' to a section/elevation, that are related to a relative 0,0 point rather than the global 'Project Zero' level?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
It depends on whether this is a subtype that can be custom coded. It may be but I would have to check (too lazy at the moment).
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Deviz:

Yes. First, set the new zero level under Levels & Project North. Then select just the text portion of the Elevation Dimensions (multiple texts can be selected at once for this), open the Dimensions Text Settings dialog box (Command-T on the Mac), and use the Custom Text: Insert AutoText option to insert the new level, this can include additional text.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you David,

I think I understand the procedure but I can't find Levels & Project North to start with, could you lead me to it please?

Thanks for telling me about my signature too
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Deviz wrote:
/........
I think I understand the procedure but I can't find Levels & Project North to /...
Claudio, you are still in version 12, see attached.
Levels & Project North is found in 14.
Prefs in AC 12.png
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Rod.

I've seen Levels & Project North on AC14 and, beside the North, has the same option of changing the Project Zero, 1st Ref Level, 2nd Ref Level.

I therefore have the feeling that my first question wasn't clear enough. I'll try to reformulate it.

I am working on a job which is a refurbishment.
The slabs in the entire building are not horizontal, thus, in the basement level we decided to use the new ceiling as 0.
The model has been drawn using the M.S.L. and we don't want to change its position in the space. Though it would be convenient to have the level 0 set to the ceiling height on internal sections and elevations.

Is that, perhaps, what 1st Ref and 2nd Ref are there for?
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Deviz wrote:
Is that, perhaps, what 1st Ref and 2nd Ref are there for?
Yes. Select one of the Reference Levels, change its name to something informative and its height relative to your M.S.L., then it will be available as per my original post. It will also show up other places (for example Mesh Point Heights) where it can be used for input, not just output.

(The signature helps when sorting out these types of issues, features get moved around in different versions of ArchiCAD )

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
It works beautifully!! Great!! Thanks heaps!!