cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimensions keep reverting to odd dimensions,

Dimensions and Levels don't stick when saved.

I dimension a plan

I go to Options

then Project Preferences

Then Dimensions Set as Feet and Fractional Inches

Then None for Fractions

then 1'-0"

Save and create by Name "M2"

Now I do into mile file to work and it will for a bit,

then I plot and find the fractions are back.  I have to do the same process and it works again for a bit but reverts back to fractions

I select the "M2"  and that works for a bit but then the file reverts back.

This has been happening in both 26 and 27.

Pulling my hair out and there id not much to pull. 

EricMilberger_0-1727291018780.png

Now I close the files and reopen.  

First the Dimensions are not showing as I have to add levels that were previously showing.  ( Ctrl-L "Show All"  do a Ctrl-Save  as I assume this will save what you see.  AND my dimentions go back to fractions.

I File save all the time and dimentions dont stick.

And Levels don't stick.

Operating system used: Windows 11

Eric Milberger, Architect | Master Planner
8 REPLIES 8
Karl Ottenstein

Dimension settings are part of Views.  All (most) work should be done in well-defined views... done once for a template, and you're set for all future (similar) projects.  It sounds like you're using View Points some times and Views others.. which will result in all settings being switched to those of the last View activated.

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/27/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC27_Help%2F140_UserI...

One of the forum moderators
AC 28 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

I go to the same view over and over and update to what I want and it keeps losing that data even though I have saved it.

Just does not make sense.

Karl still having the same issue.

When you go into the dimension preference settings, "M2" is still set exactly as you want?

That is not changing there is it?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Have you set your views to use the "M2" dimension style?

Not just changing the style you are using on screen, but by actually changing it in the view settings.

BarryKelly_0-1727317533972.png

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
runxel
Legend

It could be a bug too. I have this issue with one particular Dimension style in my files. If a save a view with it it automatically reverts to another style. Nothing works, not redefining with right-click, nor in the view settings etc.

Only thing that helped was to delete it and recreating it.

There is something very fishy going on with Dimension styles.... – after deleting it was still selectable (which then lead to AC crashing).

After creating a new style and hitting ok on that dialog the current style will still report as "Custom" as well. So yeah, something's broken; it's just that people do not tend to make new styles all the time but once when creating a template, never to be touched again. Probably not really on GS' radar.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

I can't say that I am happy with this,   It there a way to apply to all drawings.

My setting would apply to all plans and elevations, and Building Sections

How to you update a template?

@Eric Milberger wrote:

I can't say that I am happy with this,

Why not?

This is the way it is supposed to work.

When you create a view, you should be setting all of these settings as to how you want the view to appear.

It is that view that you then place on the layouts as a drawing.

With the correct settings, you are guaranteed that your drawings on the layouts will display as you want them.

@Eric Milberger wrote:

It there a way to apply to all drawings.

My setting would apply to all plans and elevations, and Building Sections

How to you update a template?

You can select more than one view in the view map list at the same time,

Don't select the plain folders - they don't have settings (cloned folders with the black arrows are OK).

Then open the settings and change them all at once.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Setup info provided by author