cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Door and window markers?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the plan view door and window markers and their auto schedules working great. Now, is there a way to have the markers and ID's show on my building sections and exterior elevations? I'm using the Window Marker_NCS 17 and the D Marker 17.
Doors are a hexagon with a numeric ID
Windows are a simple square on end with alphabetic ID

I'm using AC18 (not sure why I'm using AC17 markers maybe because they simple)
12 REPLIES 12
Stress Co_
Advisor
Jonathan wrote:
this is in the section elevation window where I guess the auto marker's job has ben defered to the label tool somehow.
Understood that it'd be problematic to fix this job,
but for future reference see attached:

Choosing the "Window Marker" should correct the rotated marker in elevations/sections.
The "Window Marker" can be used for doors too (just change the polygon shape to a circle).

I agree, it would be a great improvement if we could turn on window/door markers in elevation as it is done in plan (without the label tool).

Low Stress today
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)

Karl, I'm using v25. Maybe something has changed, but selecting all the windows, going to the settings I don't see a label box. There is the DIMENSION MARKER, MARKER TEXT STYLE, MARKER SYMBOL AND TEXT. I don't see any where in any one of the those where you can say you want the windows marker to show on elevations or sections. Am I missing something?

Untitled.png
Archicad v25, PC Windows 10

Yes, a lot has changed in the last 7 years. Labels are now a separate tool, not part of Door/Window settings.

Use the Label tool to place associative Labens that can display many types of information about your Doors/Windows. You can even place multiple Labels with different content if you need to . Consult the Help files or User Guide for more details.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27