Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Drawing ID by Layout not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
On a Mactel using AC10 1183 the drawing IDs on the layouts are set to read the grid on the layout. It has stopped working. I've tried custom title types and standard title types and none of them work. Any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8
__archiben
Booster
Melisa wrote:
Hi,
On a Mactel using AC10 1183 the drawing IDs on the layouts are set to read the grid on the layout. It has stopped working. I've tried custom title types and standard title types and none of them work. Any ideas?
hi melisa

1183 mactel here too and it's working fine. have you got the placed drawings set to "By Layout" and included in the ID sequence?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes Sir! I can't figure out what's wrong. Oh the frustration!!!
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Not a Mac guy, so just exploring the (not necessarily so) obvious.

Are you sure your drawings are placed with their respective anchor points in the correct places, so that the Grid for Drawings IDs picks them up?

Or is it that the title simply doesn't show it, in which case it could be your title parameters?

Or it could be a function of your layout!

So many possiblities, so many frustrations!

Just chucking ideas out there to help.

Cheers,
Link.

PS. Ooooooh look at the big pictures I can place in here now!.....
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Link,
I am absolutely sure I've got all those items covered. I've tried moving them around. I tried setting the titles to "No title" and then back again. I tried the NCS Title 10 and then back to my custom title. I'm stumped. I can only guess that it has something to do either with Teamwork or the 1183 patcch.
__archiben
Booster
Melisa wrote:
I am absolutely sure I've got all those items covered. I've tried moving them around. I tried setting the titles to "No title" and then back again. I tried the NCS Title 10 and then back to my custom title. I'm stumped. I can only guess that it has something to do either with Teamwork or the 1183 patcch.
or maybe a corrupt master? what happens if you make a new master layout from scratch with the same or similar settings and then apply that to your layout?

otherwise, i'm out of ideas . . . tech support may have to step in!
Link wrote:
PS. Ooooooh look at the big pictures I can place in here now!.....
yeah . . . thanks mate. it's a good job i've got a 30" display right now so i can stretch the browser window just to see it 😉

ben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll try making a new master. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the help!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Someone in my office broke their layout book too. We are all MAC AC10 using the 1183 patch. I can't say exactly how they got to this point (the project is a mess), but there are several instances of two different section/elevation markers numbering themselves with the same number yet usually one of them doesn't appear to have a view set saved???!!?!? I've been using the program since 97 and am pretty sure I've dotted all my I's and crossed my T's while trying to diagnose this one. The numbering anomaly occurred not long after the 1183 upgrade. Who knows for certain, but I think we may have a buggy patch?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried re-building the master, but no luck. It's too bad that it happened on the details and the interior elevations. So many drawings to manually number. Fortunately, one you give them a layout ID the markers on plan still read. But i just feel like I am back in AC 6.5!!