Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Elevation Update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,
When i switch to the layout with my elevations on it the north elevation takes ages to update. I have to leave it for approx 45 mins. This happens everytime i change something any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
If its on the layouts, select the placed drawings and change to Manual Update, then just update them when necessary.

A tip also for elevations that are taking a long time to update - make sure your layer combination only has layers that you actually need turned on. Eg. turn off all interior fittings, interior walls etc. This should make it a bit faster to calculate.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks im now saving alot of time.

From what i can gather there might be corrupt element in it somewhere is there a way to find it and eliminate it?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Grant44 wrote:
Thanks im now saving alot of time.

From what i can gather there might be corrupt element in it somewhere is there a way to find it and eliminate it?
Usually a process of elimination will find a corrupt element. Try a marquee of half your building then "Show selection /marquee in 3D". If you get an error message your element is within that area. Reduce again by half until you narrow it down. (Of course it may occur in more than 1 location - keep trying) Another option is to try the same thing with layers instead of the marquee.