Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Graphic Overrides By Renovation Status

AlejandroEco
Contributor

Hello community,

I am starting to work with the renovation tool for a refurbishment project.

I want to show "Demolition phase" and "New phase" on the same drawing. The issue comes when items overlap, which is pretty common.

I give an example, we have en existing wall (01), we want to add a new window, so we have a "Demolition phase" (02) that shows the hole in yellow, we have a "New phase" (03) that shows the window in red.

I would like to find a way to have both "demolition" and "new" phase together, having the "new" object with only red lines, as I already have, and underneath or through, the "demolition" geometry as is already shown.

I have not been able to find a way with the Graphic Overrides to show both thing overlapping. 

What I get from the overlapping is exactly the same as the image 03.

Image (04) shows what i would like to achieve. I have done the colours in 2D and i would like to be able to do in with the renovation tool.

Any advice is welcomed,

Thanks!

Operating system used: Windows 11

01 EXISTING.JPG02 TO BE DEMOLISHED.JPG03 NEW.JPG04 WHAT I WANT TO ACHIEVE.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

You won't be able to see both the to be demolished wall and the new window at the same time.

One is a wall and will conceal the window and the window has a hole that cuts the wall away.

So I don't think it is possible.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry, thanks for the answer.

If this is how the system works, which makes kind of sense now you mention it, there might not be a way around. 

I will wait in case somebody else has another idea.

Seems weird to me to not have the option to show both "demolition" and "new" overlapping.

It is quite common procedure on Spain.

Setup info provided by author