Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Grid Line not showing up on section problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have drawn grid lines in plan view and have cut a section through the plan . when I view the section - one of the grid lines doesn't show up. the section marker is long enough so it should be showing up but it isn't ? I copy and pasted one of the grid lines and just changed the name of it so it had a different number -but I cant see why it wouldn't show up 😕
5 REPLIES 5
David Collins
Advocate
A Me-Too comment: I have the same issue. 7 out of 10 grid lines are MIA in the east and west elevations. They are all present and accounted for in the plans, sections and north-south elevations. No idea why.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You guys should check 2 things:

1. The problematic Gird Element is really perpendicular to the Section Line. If it is not it will not show, but if it is not and you check the "Show non-perpendicular Grid Elements" checkbox in the Grid Tool panel of the Section Settings Dialog, it will show up.
2. In the Grid Tool panel of the Section Settings Dialog there are the Show Grid Elements by Stories and the Show Grid Elements by Name fields. Make sure these are set to show all Grid Elements.

If neither of these solves it and the Grid Element is set to show in Section then it may be some kind of bug.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
David Collins
Advocate
Hi Lazlo-
Wow. I didn't even know there were grid elements switches in the section & elevation settings. I found the "Show Grid Elements By Name" unchecked and this caused only the grid lines with Greek letters to disappear. Go figure. Checking the box solved the problem.
You rock!
Thanks
David
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Glad to be of service.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi - the "Show non-perpendicular Grid Elements" checkbox in the Grid Tool panel of the Section Settings didn't change anything. But when I clicked show all Grid Elements in the section settings - the grid line showed up. Thanks