Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Grid to auto dimension in sections/elev's

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you shut off the automatic dimensioning of the grid in sections/elevations?
8 REPLIES 8
Eduardo Rolon
Check your Elevation Settings last panel.
Screen Shot 2012-06-08 at 8.49.05 AM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
There it is, thank you...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another question.... my grid markers at the end of the grid line in 3D view are teeny. Where is the setting for those?
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Steven:

Select the Grid Line, then Grid Element Settings > Marker > input under the Font size.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David,

Sorry, should have explained more. The markers are of good size (at least in plan view). See attached. But when I go into 3D view, they are unreadable, except at a very very close distance.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here one is if I bump the text font up tp 50 pt with the marker size 500 (which obviously is way too large in plan).

Are there separate settings for 3D vs. plan views of marker sizes? Are they supposed to be this small in 3D?
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Steven:

It is the scale of the 3D Window (like the scale of the 2D Window) that determines the relative size of the marker. You can use the Floor Plan Scale command (which changes to 3D Scale when the 3D Window is in front), the View's Scale setting, or the Quick Options' Scale setting to change the Scale of the 3D Window.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, got it, thanks.