Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How do I re-dock a tab that has been undocked?

Bill
Contributor

I undocked my layouts tab, and would like to re-dock it in the tab bar.  I saw a similar post with this problem, and the answer given was that there is an option in the Windows menu, but I don't see this when I open the Windows menu.  So what can I do to re-dock this?

Sorry for not following up directly in that other post, but the forum wouldn't let me for some reason...

Thanks!

Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1
9 REPLIES 9
Bill
Contributor

As a follow up, I just noticed my signature is out of date... I am on a Mac, AC 25.

How do I update my signature?  I can't find those settings, either!

Bill Szustak RA

MetalFingerz
Advocate

@Bill , to see the the dock option in the Windows menu, you first need to activate the window in question so you have to click on it first.

Regarding your signature, you need to :

- click on your avatar picture on the top right

- go to My settings

- look under the Personal tab

- then click on Personal information

- and on the right, you have Signature

Bill
Contributor

Metalfingerz,

1.  I have the window open and activated, but the dock option still isn't available.

2. Thanks for the signature info... I was hunting around and know I was close, but just couldn't see it!

Bill Szustak RA

Bill
Contributor

I was able to find the command in the Work Environment and add it to the Window Menu, problem solved.

Thanks!

Bill Szustak RA

I am not sure with Mac OS but with Windows OS, we can double click in the floating window's header.

Or click the 'Maximise' button top/right of the window header.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hello, I am also having the same issue.. I cannot redock the 3Dwindow and also don't see Dock option in the window tab. If you don't mind could you share with me how to solve it please.. 

Thank you so much 

Bill
Contributor

Weedee,

I've noticed that this will happen with features when you migrate a project or a template from an older version, and are not 'starting from scratch' with the latest version... they don't show up in your older window/menu/toolbar setup.  So here's what you do:

1. Go to Options/WorkEnvironment/Menus.  

2. Under "Commands and Menus" change from "current menu structure" to "all commands in alphabetical order."  Then scroll down to find "Dock/Undock Tab."

3. Under "Create or Edit Menu" select "Window."

4. Go back to the Dock/Undock Tab, select it and hit "Add selected." This will add this option to the Window menu.  You can move it up or down to place it where you want it to show up.

5. Make sure you save the Command Layout Scheme, and the associated Work Element Profile, so that your changes are kept!

Bill

Bill Szustak RA

Fixed!! Thank you so much Bill. Really appreciated it, The individual 3D window really gave me a hard time in the past days!