Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to adjust lineweight in Sections and Elevations in ArchiCAD

Mr Architect
Contributor

Hello everyone,

Can anyone advise me on adjusting my line weights in sections and elevations? 
Thanks and regards,
Abdul.
Issue 3.jpg
13 REPLIES 13
mthd
Ace

Here is a video to showing how to do what @MitchD, is suggesting above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohy-ofjBe1c

Hope that helps.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

Hi @Barry Kelly, I understand that view pen set method and I personally do not use it because I prefer to set up everything in my model including the elements in my template. 

Could you explain a bit your workflow? Im really not super fond of pensets either, but sometimes not fighting the software and going with flow  helps a lot.     Once you have it, you really dont need to think about lineweights that much.  Or what is it you are finding difficult?

When creating a template and setting up my wall types first. The composites are set with lines there and then, that’s it, all done, forget about it. Then the doors and window line defaults are set up for each view or cut, that’s it, forget about it. (Of course you also set up all your other elements too)

A new version comes out with windows with pink fills (Should just be a MVO), where are they so I can change them ? The dialogue box gets greater and greater and I start looking for the lines and fills to change them, it takes a very long time.

Pen sets for each view, GO’s, when you start applying these levels of complication, it gets very messy when you need to look to change a single line. Hence my suggestion to have the onscreen true line weights leading to a list of lines showing on my screen so I can quickly edit an offending line. Without having to go for a search through endless dialogue boxes to find that offending line. Can take up to 1/2 hour sometimes especially with CI tool elements.

I live with it because every software will have things we don’t like about them. Yes in CA all lines are on the layer with each element and very easy to find and change when opening up your layers dialogue. AC doesn’t have to be so complicated when it comes to looking for offending lines to change them. AC is my preferred CAD software program and it’s great.

That’s what concerns me.