Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

I cannot find the settings for this one line in my window floor plan display

ari_brick
Contributor

Hello again everybody.  I am currently working on my floor plan display for a study project and the Prof has some specific wishes on what linetypes we use for what elements.  I am trying to change this one line that is part of the window element to be less thick, but I cannot find the settings for it specifically. all the Pen type settings I have found in the element options (ctrl T) are already set to the desired line width, yet this one line does not want to change.

does anyone know what this line represents? (I cannot figure out what part of the 3d model it is projecting) This is a fixed glass window with a sunshade on the inside. The line is definitely part of the window element (It is green when selected) and I have tried checking or unchecking all the overrides and "use parent object's ..." settings that I have found. the wall contour on the other side is the thickness I desire it to be, it is just this one line on the inside face of my wall that is stubborn.

thank you so much for your help, Ari.

image.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Glori_aaa
Contributor

Hi Ari,

From your image, I believe the line which you drew an arrow pointing is actually representing the wall behind the cut portion of the window in your section.
You should be able to adjust it by selecting the wall and adjusting the wall uncut line pen.

Glori_aaa_0-1684377327287.png

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Miha_M
Advisor

In most cases it is the window library object or one of it's macros that has this settings option available, but as most Archicad localisations have a dedicated library, this settings can be available sometimes in a different place or are not available.

I've checked one INT and one GER window, both have this option placed at the end of the window tool UI pages, but as you can see you can't control the wall contour lines pens independently.

Miha_M_1-1684351531284.png

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Solution
Glori_aaa
Contributor

Hi Ari,

From your image, I believe the line which you drew an arrow pointing is actually representing the wall behind the cut portion of the window in your section.
You should be able to adjust it by selecting the wall and adjusting the wall uncut line pen.

Glori_aaa_0-1684377327287.png

Hope this helps!

Omg, thanks for that idea, I hadn't thought of checking if all walls had the same attributes because I assumed I had done that right.